The British Dietetic Association (BDA) is the only body in the UK representing the whole of the dietetic workforce. We are a trade union and professional body representing the professional, educational, public and workplace interests of our members. Founded in 1936, we are one of the oldest and most experienced dietetic organisations in the world.
Membership is open to anyone working in dietetics, in nutrition, or who has an interest in diet or food, throughout the world. We represent the whole of the dietetic workforce – practitioners, researchers, educators, support workers and students.
The BDA seeks to ensure the fair and equal treatment of all members, including fair representation and access to services and participation. We will seek to protect the rights of all members to be treated with dignity and respect, regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. We will promote the equality of opportunity for the dietetic profession, and work to remove barriers to career progression.
BDA Industry Specialist Group
Calling all Dietitians, nutrition professionals and students. The BDA Industry Specialist Group has officially been launched on the 1st March 2023!
The Industry Specialist group will represent Dietitians working in all areas of industry where the research, development and product of nutritional products, services, resources and communications are the main outputs.
As part of the British Dietetic Association (BDA)‘s continued commitment to provide excellent membership value and to bring together and support Dietitians, the group has set the following objectives:
– Raise the profile of Dietitians and nutrition professionals in industry.
– Support Continuing Professional Development (CPD) and networking opportunities.
– Encourage career progression.
– Develop policy and resources.
– Cultivate the future workforce by fostering talent and creating student placements.
The committee includes a variety of Dietitians working in industry:
– Corrine Toyn (Chair) – Founder & Director at Chickpea Marketing.
– Dr Samantha Gill (Vice Chair) – Specialist Gastroenterology Dietitian/R&D Manager at Symprove Ltd.
– Emma Coates (Secretary) – Medical Affairs and Regulatory Manager at Nualtra Ltd.
– Imogen McKenzie-Watson (Treasurer) – Medical and Scientific Affairs Manager at Abbott.
– Ellie Bain (Social Media and Web officer) – Senior Nutritionist at Gousto.
– Harriet Smith (Engagement Officer) – Founder & CEO at HRS Communications.
– Paolo Lamparelli (Content and Research Officer) – Junior Category Manager at Danone.
If you’d like to find out more about the group and the committee, visit the BDA website. For more regular updates, follow us on LinkedIn (BDA Industry Specialist Group) and Twitter (@BDA_Industry).
We are also currently seeking members to join the committee and have vacancies for Events Officer and Sponsorships Officer. Check out the BDA website for more information.