Innovators in Food 2023
Celebrating the companies shaping the future of food & drink
Since 2014, we’ve championed new and innovative ingredients, and the manufacturers, challenger brands and entrepreneurs who have embraced them. We’ve connected food tech entrepreneurs with investors, and we are underlining the importance of people and careers in this exciting and important sector.
Now we are celebrating those at the centre of the future of food, by launching Innovators in Food – an annual list that commends sustainability-driven food and drink companies shaping the world of food through environmental and social impact.
Those shortlisted will gain access to an extensive network of more than 150,000+ professionals across retail, foodservice, ingredient innovators, business services and more with people at the forefront of sustainability and innovation. A board full of figure heads to support the innovations of the year. Tetra Pak, Lonza and Waitrose are just a few names that are part of the Food matters Live community.
Be the change.
Founder & CEO, The Good Food Institute
Dr Paolo Giavedoni
Director of Innovation, EIT Food
Sally Uren CEO
Forum for the Future
The video should answer:
- The what: tell us about your mission
- The why: describe the problem you are solving
- The how: tell us how your innovation solves the problem
- The impact: describe the scale of the social and environmental impact your solution offers
- About you: we want to know about you, your team, your passion, why you chose to create this solution and why it matters to you
Any further questions? Please email email@example.com and we’ll get back to you as soon as possible. Please note there is no sample needed, no tasting etc.
- Successful applicants will receive an extensive package of editorial and podcast coverage for a 12-month period
- Dedicated landing page promoting your innovation, an in-depth written feature and a Founder Interview led by our Editor-in-chief (87,000+ monthly visitors)
- Guest appearance on the Food Matters Live podcast (120K+ listeners)
- Support across our social media channels (250,000+ reach)
- Speaker opportunity at a Meet the Innovators panel discussions held throughout 2023
- Drinks reception to meet like-minded people across the food and drinks industry held in 2023
The shortlist announced
Food Matters Live Innovators in Food 2023 is open to:
– Ingredient companies;
– Food and drink brands;
– Agri-food tech entrepreneurs;
– Nutrition initiatives;
– Food education projects;
– Sustainability initiatives;
– Behaviour change initiatives.
As a commended Food Matters Live Innovator, you will receive:
– Dedicated landing page on our website promoting your innovation;
– Interview with your business leader/founder featured in the Community area of our website;
– A guest appearance on the Food Matter Live podcast;
– A bespoke online feature exploring the innovation in more depth, as part of Food Matters Explores;
– The opportunity to speak at one of the Meet the innovators panel discussions held throughout 2023.
The Food Matters Live Innovators in Food 2023 will be chosen by a select steering group consisting of industry experts including:
– Dr Paolo Giavedoni, Director of Innovation at EIT Food;
– Sally Uren, CEO at Forum for the Future;
Submissions will open on Wednesday 15th September at 9:00am BST and close on Friday 11th November 5:00pm GMT.
Submissions incur a £199 + VAT administration fee.
There is no need for expensive equipment, a video recorded on a smartphone is just fine. Please make sure your video is no longer than 10 minutes. Any videos submitted which are longer than this will be reedited!
We recommend uploading your video in MP4 format capped at 720p definition in order to keep files small.
No sample is needed. Innovators in Food will be solely judged using the video entries.