food Matters live
FAQs – Chairs
Which software will you be using for the live webcasts?
We will be using BigMarker.
Will I need to download BigMarker’s programme beforehand?
No, there is no programme available for download. You will have access to the webinar via your browser.
What are the system requirements for an optimal experience?
- Access to a desktop or laptop with microphone and webcam
- Please make sure you are on an updated version of Chrome or Firefox
- Ideally, you should have an internet speed of 10+mbps for both upload and download.
- If possible, a wired connection is much more stable and will help prevent dropped connections and interference.
- If you are planning on attending from a school, large corporation, or religious institution, make sure you are not behind a Firewall, or open the necessary ports if you are. Further information can be found here.
- To increase your bandwidth, close all programs and applications not being used in your webinar and, if possible, make sure no one in your household is using the internet during your session
- If your internet speed drops during the presentation and compromises the quality of your image and sound, we may request that you disable the camera and continue your presentation via audio only
We recommend you check your system here!
Will there be a practice session ahead of the live webinar?
Yes, your dedicated Food Matters Live host will contact you to schedule a practice session to ensure you are comfortable using BigMarker.
How will I access my session?
You will receive a calendar invite from your dedicated Food Matters Live host with your personalised link. When you open the link, you will be granted access to the webinar landing page.
How long in advance can I access my session?
You are advised to join your session 15 minutes before the starting time. All the session speakers, the chair and the dedicated Food Matters Live host will be connected to a virtual waiting room.
What does chairing involve?
The chair will commence the session, introduce each presenter to speak, keep presentations running to time, and facilitate questions from the audience time permitting.
How will the Q&A session work?
If a speaker has been allocated a presentation slot, they are expecting to answer questions, managed by you, during the last 10 minutes of their slot. If a speaker is part of a panel discussion, you will be managing the questions throughout the session. BigMarker offers both Q&A and chat functions. We will see how you would like to best utilise these during the demo call.
Can I see the seminar presentations in advance?
No. You can find the presentation topics/title within your session via this page. If you have further questions about the presentations, please contact the speaker directly (we can provide contact details if necessary).