How do you find your niche and stay ahead in the plant-based market?
There’s no denying the scale of the opportunity when entering the plant-based market. But in such a fast-paced and competitive marketplace, how can you carve out a niche and stay one step ahead?
This engaging session will provide you with the basics of what you need to know about the plant-based market, how enter the market successfully and future-proof your brand and business.
You will explore…
The basic mechanics of the plant-based market
The role your brand can play within this market
How timing is key, but you don’t necessarily need to be the first
What typical plant-based buyers are looking for
How to stay one step ahead of the market
Tips on how to build an NPD pipeline
How to spot new plant-based opportunities
The free resources you can tap into
Meet your speakers
Indy founded Plant-Futures in 2021 following a successful career in the food industry where she worked with some of the world’s leading food companies including Nestle and Mondelez as well as iconic brands such as Gu Puds and retailers including Lidl and most recently Tesco focusing on plant-based strategy and development.
Plant-Futures is a consultancy working with brands and businesses to create commercially viable plant-based solutions & strategies. Our mission is toaccelerate the shift towards a balanced and sustainable food system by developing profitable business opportunities with purpose.
David Benzaquen is one of the world’s leading experts in the plant-based food industry.
He invests in and advises plant-based food businesses through his holding company, Mission: Plant, with a particular focus on helping foreign companies enter the US market.
He is also is the co-founder of the consumer insights firm Moonshot Collaborative, and a founding team member at online retail store, PlantBelly.com.
This Masterclass will provide in depth
– Why is plant-based such an exciting market and why it differs from other food trends
– Understanding where your brand fits within the overarching drivers of health, sustainability, and ethical eating and why this will help you with industry conversations
– Plant-based opportunities can seem ‘niche’ – understanding why niche can become a big opportunity in this evolving market
– Timing is key, but you don’t always need to be first to market – understanding the advantages and things to watch out for either way
– Savvy tips for low budgets: what buyers will be looking for you to demonstrate as part of your ‘sell in story’ and how you can prepare for this
– Why future-proofing is important and how can you stay one step ahead of the market
– Why you need an NPD pipeline and why sometimes, less can be more!
– Summary of several plant-based organisations offering free industry insights
– How to spot new opportunities, collaborations and be brave!
Who should attend?
This insightful masterclass is designed for newcomers to the plant-based sector planning to launch a new product, portfolio or brand in a lucrative but challenging space.