Webcast content stream: Insights theatre: nutrition and health science
Aiming for holistic immune support: exploring the connection between gut health and immunity
Wednesday 14 October 2020
This technical presentation illuminates BASF’s approach to gut health and the impact on immune health.
Key takeaways include:
- Introduction to the immune system: what a well-functioning immune system looks like, how it works and how it can be better supported through an adequate nutrient and micronutrient supply
- Insight into the gut microbiome, interaction between microbiota and the immune system and the impact of disruption to the intestinal barrier
- What does the consumer need and understand with regards to their immune function and digestive health? Where does confusion arise?
- Emerging science and clinical studies on the effect of Human Milk Oligosaccharides on immune function in the gut and at a systemic level
- Spotlight on Prebilac and how it can be incorporated into attractive consumer solutions to boost immunity via gut microbiota
This content will support the better understanding of the role of gut health in the immune system and how immune health products can meet consumer demand.