1997 – 2012
(age 9 – 24 )
Food Matters Careers recently conducted some research on Gen Z who make up the majority of our student and graduate community of young talent interested in a career in the food and drink industry.
If you are a food & drink company who are looking to connect with our student & graduate community, register your interest in becoming a member HERE.
So what should companies know about Gen Z?
1. On average, Gen Z will pay attention to content for a span of eight seconds — four less than millennials.
2. 48% of Gen Z identifies as racially or ethnically diverse.
3. More than 74% of Gen Z says they spend their free time online.
4. Roughly 75% of Gen Z most frequently uses a smartphone over computers and other devices.
5. TikTok targets the fast-growing Gen Z demographic.
6. In 2019, Gen Z outnumbered millennials, making up 32% of the world’s 7.7 billion-person population.
7. Nearly 9 in 10 Gen Z University graduates considered job availability before selecting a degree.
8. 44% of Gen Z students start their job search before their senior year of high school even begins.
9. 38% plan to pursue an advanced degree, such as a Master’s or Doctorates.
10. Rising student debt has made Gen Z wary